- School Information
Twin Oaks' Strategic Plan
The mission of Twin Oaks Elementary is to challenge all students to develop their unique potential, become life-long learners, and value their community through a school distinguished by:
- A culture of personal leadership development
- Engaging and relevant instruction with high academic expectations
- Respectful collaboration and communication.
- Each student will meet or exceed his/her personal growth target in reading and math annually
- Each student will have equitable access to appropriate and relevant technology.
- Communication between home and school is regular, two-way, and meaningful.
- Each student will have opportunities to participate in site or community-based service learning annually.
Redesign the library and lab space into a 21st Century learning environment.
Design classroom spaces and practices to ensure relevant and accessible learning opportunities for all students.
Develop and implement a system of extension and enrichment opportunities that incorporate student choice.
Enhance understanding and use of academic supports to ensure equitable access to effective instruction
Continue, strengthen, and align leadership and social emotional supports.
Engage our school community in our academic, behavioral, and social emotional multi-tiered system of supports.
We Believe that:
- Every individual deserves opportunities to achieve his or her unique potential
- Every person deserves to be treated with dignity and respect
- Kindness and compassion are critical to positive relationships
- Physical and emotional safety is imperative to learning
- People have the freedom to make choices and the responsibility for those choices
- Conduct and interactions are best guided by truth, honesty and integrity
- Commitment to personal growth is vital for continuous success
- Discovering one’s purpose and passion ignites personal growth
- Balance is essential to well-being
- Persistent optimism fosters open-minded attitudes and solutions
- Quality relies on the ongoing pursuit of excellence
- Cooperative community efforts create a higher quality of life
- Success is the only option
- We will base decisions on what is best for students
- We will act with honesty, truth and integrity
- We will treat all people with dignity and respect
- We will not compromise our commitment to excellence in education
- We will improve or eliminate ineffective programs or performance
- We will not give up on any student